Services Offered | EGAN Home Health and Hospice
EGAN Home Health and Hospice offers a multitude of services across southeast Louisiana. These include traditional home health care, hospice care (end-of-life care) and personal/extended care (commonly referred to as “home care”).
If you or someone in your family has reached the point in their life where illness, disability, or natural aging has made it difficult to be alone or perform routine daily activities, call us to discuss how we can help.
EGAN Home Health and Hospice is Southeast Louisiana’s premiere provider of in-home health care services. Founded in 1988, and locally owned and operated, EGAN Home Health and Hospice has grown from a company of four employees in our first year in business to over 350 employees in 2017.
Known for being the top company in southeast Louisiana in terms of providing quality of care, EGAN ranks ahead of both state and national averages relative to competition in the vast majority of quality-of-care metrics tracked by Medicare.gov’s “Home Health Compare.” Often the discrepancy between EGAN and the average home care agency is so vast it’s hard to comprehend how some companies even stay in business considering how poor their performance is as determined by an objective government ratings system designed to provide home health patients with knowledge to make informed decisions on the the companies that will provide their care.
EGAN offers a plethora of services, including the following:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Psychiatric Nurseses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Social WorkersRegistered
- Heart failure/CHF Specialists
- Wound Care Certified Specialists
- Wound Vac Trained Nurses
- AIM Nurses
- Home Health Aides
DEDICATED STAFF: Follow up high risk patients with daily contacts and monitor patients on tele-monitoring equipment.
- CENTRAL INTAKE RNs: coordinate all patient needs.
- CARE TRANSITION RNs: facilitate transition process in hospital prior to discharge to home.
- PHYSICIAN LIAISON RN: manages all physician communications.
- TELEHEALTH NURSES: follow up high risk patients with daily contacts and monitor patients on tele-monitoring equipment.
- WOUND CARE DEPARTMENT: led by Wound Certified RN with more than 25 years wound care experience.
- CHF (CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE) DEPARTMENT: supervises CHF patient care.
- DIRECTOR OF THERAPY: supervises rehab patients.
EGAN Home Health and Hospice has nine office locations covering the entire Greater New Orleans area, Metairie/Kenner, Wesbank/Gretna/Terrytown, Plaquemines Parish, Port Sulfur, LaPlace Area, Hammond/Ponchatoula, Covington/Mandeville, Franklinton Area, Bogalusa Area and Baton Rouge/Gonzales area.
To contact EGAN, please call us toll free at 1 (888) 835-4474 or visit our website at EganHealthcare.com.