Private-Duty Sitting Services
24 Hour Service — 7 Days a Week!
Phone: (504) 834-9996
Fax: (504) 833-8985
Most of EGAN’s patients fall within one of three categories:
- Home Health Referral (Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.) <– Includes rehab, therapy, wound care, nursing, etc.
- Home Health Referral (Private Insurance to Pay) <– Includes rehab, therapy, wound care, nursing, etc.
- Hospice Care (Medicare or other third-party payer).
EGAN Caregivers: Senior Care / Elder Care / Home Care not Covered by Medicare or Insurance
However, we at EGAN know that there’s a tremendous amount of caregiving that simply does not involve someone who is “home bound” per se, or recovering from a major surgery, injury, illness, disease or treatment. We recognize that not everyone who isn’t home-bound following surgery, injury or for whatever the reason that brought about their hospitalization is terminal, that death is imminent and for whom Hospice is the best of the remaining options. When you remove home health care and all its sub-genres (nursing, wound care, PT, OT, RT, ST, etc.) from the healthcare equation; and then remove hospice from the equation, everything that’s left is what falls under the EGAN Caregivers umbrella.
At EGAN Caregivers we believe in providing care that covers all aspects of daily living. By supplying the help your loved ones need to live independently (or even semi-independently), we are promoting independent living in circumstances whereby without our services a person might be confined to a nursing home or assisted living facility which they would hate.
Keeping the important people in one’s life in the comfort of their own home after an accident or illness promotes that sense of independence. It also promotes happiness and overall good health.
So you may be wondering, “how do I pay?” “How much does it cost?” The simple answer is not as much as you probably think.
That said, of course given the tremendous degree of variance between the tasks and services available… The manpower required for each, the skill required for each, the time commitment required, etc. Prices will vary based upon these factors. We will do everything within our power to structure payment plans in such a way as to be able to provide your loved one with the care they need without the financial burden placed on the patient’s family being so large they have to take on a second mortgage or file for bankruptcy.
We won’t know the cost until we know what you need, and it’s always free to call us to request an evaluation and/or estimate.
With that in mind, our skilled, reliable, friendly and trustworthy caregivers are available to help perform any of the following services:
Private Duty / Contractual Sitting, Home Care (Senior Care / Elder Care) Services + More:
- Long-Term Nursing Care
- Case Management
- Care Coordination
- Court Testimony
- IV (intravenous) Therapy
- Personal Care
- Meal Planning, Preparation and Clean-Up
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Transportation / Errand Services (for example, to the grocery store or to outpatient physical therapy)
- Alzheimer’s Dementia Care
- Respite Care (for when you need a break/vacation after caring for a loved one for months/years)
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Life
- Personal Hygiene, Help with Dressing
- Assistance In and Out of Bed
- Help Changing Bed Linens and Making the Bed
- Shopping and Errands
- Wash Laundry Related to the Patient, Incontinence Care, and more
If you can think of anything that should be on the above list but isn’t, please feel free to contact us with a suggestion. The chances are we’ll gladly oblige if we haven’t already done so in the past and simply overlooked it.
Like the other extremely high-quality home health care services offered by EGAN since 1988, EGAN Caregivers services the entire southeast portion of the state. This includes office locations in the following cities (and serving the following regions):
- Baton Rouge / Gonzales
- Ponchatoula/Hammond (serving all of Tangipahoa Parish)
- Metairie (serving New Orleans, Kenner and all of East Jefferson, Chalmette & St. Bernard)
- Gretna/Terrytown (serving all of the West Bank, including Marrero and Belle Chase)
- Covington (serving all of the Northshore, including Mandeville and Slidell)
- Plaquemines Parish (office located in Port Sulphur but serving the entire parish including Empire, Buras, Delacroix and surrounding areas).
- Bogalusa (serving all of Washington Parish)
Our experienced staff at EGAN Caregivers are always available to discuss each case individually and to assist in determining how we can best be of assistance. Our caregivers are of the highest caliber and are fully trained, insured, bonded, background checked and drug screened.
Call our office today to speak with one of our staff members. Together, we can determine the best EGAN Caregivers staff member to assist you or your loved one, exactly how much assistance is needed, and what care is preferred!